Tuesday 15 March 2016

PPP 03 Brief 02 Design Strategy Presentation Notes and Slides



Although I am awaiting a stamp of my logo to finish of the presentation with my logo I will take the time to write down notes for each slide, to prompt me during the presentation. I will give these notes in point form because this is what I find most useful during the presentation.

-Starting with my little manifesto
-be as concise as possible
-Go through manifesto, will expand on each point through this presentation.
-first point is work with your hands


-1st year got caught up in minimal design
-had epiphany  when I started drawing
-started lettering 
-gave more energy and drive to the projects


-second year, got caught up in the hand made
-because I enjoyed it I did it all the time
-perhaps fun but not commercially feasible 


-Third year started to find a balance
-mix of the hand made and the commercially viable
-found an enjoyment of the minimal through the typography
-found commercial applications for the hand drawn when its done right


-Second pint on my manifesto was collaborate
-throughout my third year so far I have made a point of collaborating as much as possible
-intend to go on doing so
-Find it illuminating
-learn way more than working alone
-pushes you from your comfort zone a bit.

-This collaborative approach has informed my interaction with industry
-Through COP I met a lot of makers, really inspiring (PP & PS)
-made you look, realised I wanted to work as a letterer 
-however, not straight out of college
-wanted to collaborate
-talking with true north and split
-Side by side might turn into something
-applying to elmwood and tiger print 
-staying in leeds after graduation

My research into inspiring creative didn't stop there
-throughout my interaction with the lettering world, inspired by Dana T and Lauren H
- Both worked collaboratively before setting p a studio based around the work they want to do.
-immediate plan (work in studio environment)
-10 year plan, set up Ellitlebeth design as a business.

-Want to continue working on my lettering
-refine it
- setting up as a small etsy/cargo collective
-even while working commercially, still dining work for myself.

-just wanted to make the point that this is all just to be happy.
-no need of being famous or stinking rich
-just want to do the rings I love and make enough to live

No comments:

Post a Comment