Tuesday 15 March 2016

OUGD602 PPP 03 Brief 01 Self Branding Business Cards and Stamps


For a while I have wanted to create a stamp for my brand that could be used for business cards and other applications of my brand. It has a great textural finish which aids in the hand made look that I am trying to achieve.
Because stamps have to have a certain type width to print successfully, the 'design part of the logo was increased in weight from my source sans pro light digital version, but not quite as heavy as the regular form of the font. Using a company I used for the SU elections stamp, I sent off to get one created. I did this basically because it is more reliable than a college laser cutter appointment and I know it is going to work.
I also orders a sunset orange ink pad to match the Orange I chose on the digital version of the design. This is a bit of a leap of fait but I can always mix my own inks if I am unhappy with the colour.
The stamp works beautifully. I tried it out on some bier gmund paper from GF smith that I have had earmarked for my self promotional work for some time. This combination of colour and texture works so well and I think I will be sending off for another stamp (contact details) soon so that both sides of the stamp can match.


No comments:

Post a Comment