Monday 14 March 2016

OUGD602 PPP 03 Brief 02 Design Strategy Reflection on Design Process

It has occurred to me, especially after the last full extended practice crit that my way of working has changes considerably through my time here. In first year I got caught up in the process of digital design and believed that good design was minimal design. However, in second year I increasingly held on to the idea that working with my hands made me happy and so did this to the extent where almost all my work was hand drawn. In third year, I believe I am closer to a balance than before. Although I have briefs that are much more hands on, they are also more commercially viable as designs. I have also stepped back into minimal designs but in a way that is completely mine, not done out of fear of getting it wrong. Mostly this has been achieved through the use of colour in projects such as FAFF branding and The Freshers campaign. I have also managed to fit in a number of smaller briefs that indulge my love of lettering, but only where relevant (triptych poster). Overall I think that being able to have an overview of the briefs undertaken throughout the year has enabled be to create a better variation of approaches and shape my practice in a way that is more applicable to commercial practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment