Tuesday 15 March 2016

OUGD602 PPP 03 Brief 02 Design Strategy Reflection on past work

Recently I have been working on a collaborative brief with Jess Wood, in which we are re designing wildflower identification books. I am developing some custom typography while she is working on the illustrations. I am making a new set of capitals to work with Baskerville within the publication. It recently occurred to me that I did a brief in first year that could be useful in the development of this one.

I created a full set of botanical alphabets that use negative space in really interesting ways. I am going to revisit theses designs and see if I can develop the negative space concepts to interact with the illustrations Jess is doing. I am really glad I get to revisit this work, I always felt it had potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment