Wednesday 2 March 2016

OUGD602 PPP 03 Brief 01 Self Branding Creating CV for Internship Applications

Because I want to apply to Tigerprint and other studios such as elmwood I am well aware that I will need a CV that aligns with my self branding and identity tone of voice. Once I had my warmer orange logo I shaped my CV around this . I know that this will predominantly be viewed online so more definite lines and a little more of a sleek finish is required. However, I have chosen my secondary logo colour, a mid grey, for all the text to maintain the softness that is part of my brand identity.


I knew that for practicality's sake this needed to fit on one A4 sheet.
  To start with this was tricky to achieve and i had to reduce the pt size down to 9.
I then printed the CV out and got a number of my peers to read through the content and give any feedback about the design. I also got them to look at it on screen. They agreed that the colour and logo were strong and the simple to the point layout combined with the logo colours was a strong nod to my own work and me as a person. However, it was said that when printed the text was too small and a little bit of a struggle to read. So, I did some readjustments and managed to increase the pt size to 11pt. This was agreed to increase the readability of the piece.

The next step it to create a short portfolio pdf that aligns with my designs so far and would be suitable to send off to Tigerprint and elmwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment