Monday 20 April 2015

OUGD502 PPP 2 Studio Brief 01 My Brand Collective Evaluation

ALthough I am happy with what I have achieved for this brief there is an instant problem that I am aware of. I set out to create something much more earthy and hand made that last years self branding. I have not done this. It is quirky and practical which in its self is hard to achieve. However, it is not hand made in appearance. This is because it is based on a font. It is quite clean. I think that the reason it has developed into this is that on digital platforms a clean finish can look more at home. I also think that for wide application something infinitely sizeable is also so useful it is hard to pass up. In this instance I have produced something I like but it is not what I originally thought I wanted. One thing that I am very happy with is the cohesiveness of all the applications of the designs. each piece relates to the others in an unquestionable way.I am also pleased that this year I have shaped what I have made around what I feel I will really use to get work experience this summer and managed to produce work that I am happy to show to professionals. I am particularly happy that I managed to finish the work to the level that I did considering the fact that I had to go home to norfolk numerous times during the easter holidays for emergency dental work and because I don't have a laptop to work on this stopped me working for a large section of the holiday. I still managed to do everything and I am surprised by that! Another thing That I would change if I had a chance to do this project again would be to order in specific stock to be used throughout the print work. I really like the tactility of the cover of the portfolio and would have loved to be able to make my business cards and CV in it. However, it was not possible to get this double sided so I should have planned for this in advance and ordered some stock in to fulfil all of these requirements. More than anything else this project has forced me to look back on my work and realise that it is in fact not that bad, and to start to trust my self to at least do my best with each brief I face.


No comments:

Post a Comment