Wednesday 15 April 2015

OUGD502 PPP 02 Making Contacts

Over the last couple of months I have become increasingly aware of the fact that I need some work experience this summer. Although I have got the green light from parallel magazine, they are still evasive about time and place. So, I have made a few more contacts in the hope that they may evolve into something more.



After hearing about Solid Block in Norwich During a PPP talk about linked in and LCA alumni I gave them a call and asked about whether they would be open to taking someone on for a few weeks over the summer. They said they are not planning to but if I send my portfolio (which I do not have yet) over in pdf format and they would go from there. They seemed very positive and welcoming so once I have the portfolio after PPP submission I will send it over.




I also realised that I wanted to look into specific production methods as well because learning a specific craft really well could be very useful. Letter press is something that I am desperate to learn well. So, I looked around north norfolk and admittedly there was very little in the way of presses. Looking around leeds and west yorshire produced phylecia Sutherland. She designs and prints at home with letterpress equipment. I sent her an email just to see if she wanted to meet up for a coffee, because just talking to her about what she does would be fascinating.


No comments:

Post a Comment