Sunday 19 April 2015

OUGD502 PPP 2 Brief 01 My Brand Final Designs For CV and Business Cards

Printing my business cards and creative cv was fairly straight foreword using slightly textured matt stock of 200gsm for the cv and 300gsm for the business cards. The tactility if the stock is nice but I feel that if I had planned more I could have ordered in some much softer more tactile stock that fits closer with the message of my self branding. I used the pebbles theme throughout linking closely to my website design. However, I do feel that the shadows f the pebbles came out a bit darker than intended and don't have the same lightness that they had on screen. Although I cannot re print I am going to lighten the pebbles slightly for the portfolio print, just to attempt to get the finish I want. I really like the square format of everything and the way it plays into the name of my branding in a subtle but cohesive way. I especially like the classic look of the baskerville font in the body text of the cv. I manages to feel spacious but classic and has a definite literature look to it which once again fits in with my branding. I feel like I have managed to pull my self back slightly during this project and design something that is practical, clean and still communicates me. Th hand drawn type seems the right balance of tradition and eccentricity, and it took long enough to achieve! The photographic elements work with the type to create the sense of tactility and restrained style in its grey tones that work around the high texture images of my work but can dominate when they need to.














Using the grey tones from the pebbles I have also mocked up a grey scale version of my logo that would be for any other application required and for black and white reproduction. I used softer tones because the silhouette is so definite that it doesn't need strong colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment