Monday 20 April 2015

OUGD502 PPP 2 Studio Brief 01 My Brand Portfolio Final Design and Evaluation

After a lot of work and mistakes I got the covers to work. I am glad I allowed a lot of margin space on the page layouts because making it appear that the text is centralised on the area visible to the reader, rather than the actual area of the paper was very tricky and needed wiggle room for experimentation. I was also unable to get silver screws for the binding because the print room was simply out of them. It would have looked  a lot sleeker if the colour was silver, worked better with the grey tones of the photo. I also managed to make another big mistake which is testament to the fact that I should have done a practice run more thoroughly; the back cover is upside down. This is irrevocable and I would need to make another complete back cover to save the situation. In the time this is not feasible so it will have to do fore submission. However, I will not be sending this out. I will spend the time until I get the folder back making a new back cover so that I can use this portfolio to get work experience. I do really like difference between the texture of the digital wallpaper paper on the covers and the satin paper of the interior pages. The tactility of this just fits with the impression I am trying to create which is one of hands on craft. The practicality of the screw bound format is not lost on me either. I love that I can completely change the contents whenever I feel I have produced something better. I also feel that I have made something that I will legitimately use this summer and next year.







No comments:

Post a Comment