Saturday 11 April 2015

OUGD502 PPP 2 Campaign piece for Students Union Communications Officer

For my campaign visuals I used some chalk board lettering to communicate a condensed slogan version of my manifesto. A chalk board seemed apt because of its integral connotations of education and the way it allowed me to produce something by hand which helps to communicate my hands on approach to design and therefore how I would approach the role of communications officer. I have created small square flyers and larger posers from this lettering as well as using it online. Because of its square shape it is perfect for instagram and facebook as well as print outcomes. 

I also spent some time writing up my manifesto. I didn't want to have something preachy and all about how I am amazing. So, I focused on a conversational tone of voice and just wrote what I felt would appeal to me and I think it worked out well.

Hiya!
I am a second year Graphic design student. I suppose it might be strange that I choose to define myself by my discipline, but I am one of those painfully nerdy people that is a sickening try hard when it comes to what I do, and I am good at what I do. Although, there is always that voice that says I could do more. And that’s exactly what I want to do with the communications officer post: do more. Go beyond the basic add, classic poster design and create work that is befitting of an art college. By these means I hope to have all of the executive SU posts contested next year.
But, I love design. Most of all I love the people behind design. I love the energy of creative collaboration and the incredible work it leads to. This is what this opportunity is to me: a chance to meet and work with some inspiring people, including the student body. As the audience for all the work I will produce, I am working with and for you too. I couldn’t think of a more interesting or exciting audience to work with and I hope you will give me the chance to push the boundaries of communication design with you.



It must have done because I am now officially the communications officer and am looking forward to next years excitements.

No comments:

Post a Comment