Saturday 11 April 2015

OUGD502 PPP 2 Creative CV First Sketches

Because the creative CV is the aspect of the pack that has the most limitations and specific content I thought I would start by designing this and then make the portfolio fall into place with the same design decisions applied throughout.
An idea that I have been thinking about fir a while is that of the big and little book of Elittlebeth. The cv would be the little book, and the portfolio would be the big book. Both would be of square format to fit in with the business cards and to communicate the whole concept of smallness throughout. 

While sketching I also had the idea of making my cover letter a belly band that would wrap around the CV making a small and meat package. However, I continued generating ideas just to see where it would take me. I thought perhaps a more three dimensional shape might be suitable because of the themes of tactility and hands on design that I am trying to communicate throughout.

I also looked at transferring the square format into a more complex net that would contain all the information required. However, this felt needlessly complex and would result in far too much upside down text and images that would serve to confuse rather than communicate.

I also thought about other origami options such as folded flowers and some of the more complex folded envelopes where the envelope its self could be the surface printed on. This interactivity seemed attractive because of the induced tactility of such a design but again it seemed needlessly complex.

I also considered a format of leaflet that I have used in a previous project where it folded from a circle into a box that opened like a flower. I quite like this idea and think it might be work persuing in the little book idea doesn't pan out

However, this circular format seemed a bit tricky and I just thought it would be worth laying out some of the information that the CV needed to include. It proved difficult mostly because of the folds that I knew would run across the centre of the space.
I then considered using these folds to dictate the content layout and this could quite possible work very well. I will go onto design and make the little book and the business cards before I attempt the big book, Just so that I know the over-arching concept is going to work before I go all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment