Thursday 5 February 2015

OUGD502 PPP Studio Brief 01 Self Branding Crit

 We had a crit today, just one organised by the students, in which I received feedback and suggestions on my PPP self branding so far. The reactions were positive but I am still going to continue sketching so see if I can get anything more inventive with the right tone of voice.

 Most people like this one the most, apparently because it had a sense of restraint that the others didn't. I also brought up the point of legibility and what role this played on the design, and it was agreed that because it is not a word it needs to be 100% legibile.

This design came off the best, with the added suggestion of some ornamentation on the other end of the word so it felt more balanced. This is something I want to refine further, but am not in love with. It just doesn't quite manage to communicate the quirkiness that I want to be there.


This design was also mentioned for its femininity and whether this overly effeminate image was one that I wanted to portray. This is fair, I feel that I don't want to saddle myself with a delicate suggestion of femininity, but some femininity, if strong, is fine with me.

This is another sketch that I did a little before the crit. I liked its use of stretched letters and sense of irregularity. However, the holland and barrett logo, which I can now no longer stop seeing this as. I think if I were to follow and refine this visual the spacing of the lettering would have to be pristine, because the different base line and x height mess with the eyes so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment