Sunday 22 May 2016

OUGD602 PPP Module Evaluation

PPP has been more of a self discovery than a module this year, which I suspect is the point. However, I have been wrangling with how I want to work once I graduate. I was convinced for sometime that I wanted to set up as a letterer, freelance. This came from my visits to independent creatives such as Roger Grech and others I interviewed for my COP project. I understood that it is a difficult way to set up but it appealed to me not to have a boss, and to do the work I wanted. Through my work experience at vernon street and multiple collaborations as part of my extended Practice I found that although I love lettering, it is more important that I work with other people,  in a collaborative environment. I don't think it matters whether this collaboration is with the client or other designers but that interaction is something that I have found I need to enjoy graphic design to its fullest. This is something that has formed the centre of my self branding which is constantly striving to be tactile, human and approachable.
As PPP has helped me understand this I knew the kind of Job I wanted for myself strata out of College. I have applied both for a junior designer position at the studio Six Design and in the design department at Leeds University Union. I have an interview for the LUU job and am currently past the interview stage and doing a trial brief with Six Design. I don't know which, if either will come to full fruition but things at least look positive and I know what I want from my career for the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment