Monday 2 May 2016

OUGD602 PPP 03 Brief 01 Self Branding Creating the Promotional SketchBook/ Calling Card

s perviously mentioned John suggested that I turn my lettering sketch book into something that I give to studios and prospective employers upon calling. As such I have scanned in the pages below and edited them slightly; just to smooth them out. I am looking at a perfect bound book because it allows for both single sided paper and no constraints on pagination. I will be using my logo stamp on my elittlebeth design stock for the front and back cover, with a blank page in the front for message or note.





Book Binding:

The single sided prints and the number of pages meant that perfect binding was the best method for this book. To reinforce the spine I used a carefully trimmed piece of cloth after thorough sanding down of the paper edges to create a good surface for the glue. Using double sided tape on the edges of the binding kept the outer cover really neat and free of any warping.

For the cover I wanted to use my brand paper bier gmund wiezen. However, the GF Smith paper samples never showed up. Instead I went down to Fred Aldus and bought some 'Mountain Craft Paper' which had a similar speckled finish but with a much darker overall tone, which helped differentiate the book as a sketchbook. I also included a simple page of dotted lines at the from to allow for a message to the relevant studio or person.








No comments:

Post a Comment