Tuesday 17 May 2016

OUGD602 PPP Brief 01 Self Branding Final Outcomes

Final Outcomes Include:
-Business Cards
-Stamp
-CV
-website
-Portfolio 
-Promotional Sketchbook








Evaluation:
Overall I am content with the outcomes for the self branding brief. I have created all the things that I set out to. The brand its self was developed over a much greater period of time than any other of my self branding designs in other years. This has meant that the continued appeal of the design has been through the test of time and I still feel that the logo and its surrounding design choices still represent me both as a practitioner and a person. the bright key orange stands out no matter the background which is ideal for a stamp. Using a stamp to re create the logo gives it a sense of tactility which is perfect for communicating the way in which I work. One unintentional change was the stock choice for the sketchbook cover. Although the finish is not what I envisioned it actually creates a nice contrast to the Bier Gmund stock as well as clearly connoting the fact that it is a sketch book, more informal and casual.
At some length I considered a more complex and creative format for my CV. However, through the applications that I have made to jobs throughout this year it has become apparent that a simple single side of A4 is the most practical and accommodating format for a CV. It means it can be printed out on a run of the mill printer (at the employers end) and shows an ability to be a bit more concise and straight to the point which perhaps my other work lacks.
In particular I am happy with the over all continuity of the theme of tactility and craft. It is communicated everywhere, from the logo to the stock choices and this is what makes it succeed when other self branding designs have not.


No comments:

Post a Comment