Saturday 31 January 2015

OUGD502 PPP 02 Brief 02 Self Branding More Sketching

Despite the amount of sketching I have already done, I am still not set on a brand for my self. The next set of sketches are shown below.

I wanted to achieve the traditional base of the letter structures and then augment them with more organic flourishes.

The reason for this was to create the suggestion of my hands on approach. I also had a go at making the letterforms appear painted as a different alternative to the augmented aspect of the design.I like this but perhaps this creates a more graffiti ish look than I was originally going for.

I like the added drop shadow on the earlier design but I also think that it is a bit reminiscent of beer labels or pub signage, which is not a link I wish to have. I feel like I have hit a bit of a dead end and need a crit for further direction. I will do this on the coming wednesday and see where it takes me.


I also tried a completely different approach with greater embellishments and fluidity but I am unsure of the legibility of this, so I will also bring this along to a crit and get some solid feed back for a definite direction in this project.




No comments:

Post a Comment