Tuesday 20 January 2015

OUGD502 Looking For Work Experience

Following a workshop with Dalton Maag type foundry I talked to Danny about the possibility f some work experience in a type specific sense. I know that I like typography and lettering a lot but I am uncertain if it is this discipline specifically that I want to pursue in a professional sense. So, work experience seems like the perfect way to test the water. 

Amazingly Danny emailed Dalton Maag for me, which I was not expecting, and they say that although there is a lot of international competition for these placements they are very enriching. They said that they would like to see a type specific portfolio and how it sits within my work. I thought this was a great idea and I instantly thought of the font books you get showing the different ways a font can work in size and context. I had the idea of producing a book of my type work, even printing on tracing paper all the sketches that came before the finished piece to communicate my hands on process. 


I think this could be a great thing to do to hep me apply for work experience anywhere, so I need to sit down and look through my work and see how I want to approach this project and the work i want to include. My branding for the first PPP breif could play into this as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment