Tuesday 17 November 2015

OUGD602 PPP 3 brief 01 Self Branding Starting Sketches

As previously mentioned I created new self branding over the summer for my application to Dalton Maag. It is a continuos line style that is like hand writing in style to help communicate informaily.
I then took this lettering style and looked at creating some lettering for the back of a business card.

                      
I wanted to communicate that lettering and drawing are my major focusses within the discipline of graphic design. I did this by adding a drop shadow to these words so that hopefully they catch the eye first.
                      

Because I need a business card soon to source some more chalkboard commissions for my context of practice research I need something that will look descent fairly quickly. However, I have known for a while that one of the uses I  wanted to put my lettering too, was custom letterpress. So next I am going to create the lettering vectors for this piece and try some laser cutting to make some wooden type of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment