Tuesday 17 November 2015

OUGD602 PPP 3 Brief 01 Self Branding Business Card Printing and Laser Cut Debacles


After many hours of trying to get the laser cutter to do my bidding it became clear that the source sans pro light was too thin for MDF and the ragged edge created by this means of etching would have doubtful results anyway.
                    
There is a few days for me to have some functional and pleasant business cards so I know I could look to acid etching at vernon street and using the hydraulic nipping press to emboss over a screen print or similar. However, this would take weeks and is better left for latter in the year when there is lees pressure on time.

                    
Instead I have put to one side today and tomorrow for working with the movable type in the print room to create some letterpress business cards. Although they are not custom lettering they are very tangibly pleasant things that can communicate my hands on approach.


Once printed on a soft antique white water colour paper I bought from the shop in the print room. I then matched up the soft orange ink with some coloured stock from the library wich I used, along with some spray mount to create duplex coloured edges. These are cards that will work purely for my chalkboard commissions. They are more simple and tactile than my cards for a design studio might be. It sells the rustic ideals behind the concept of chalkboarding and are something nice to keep and hold.

1 comment:

  1. Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
    _________________________
    This is football game,you can try to play for free:Cheap FIFA 16 Coins and FIFA 16 Coins

    ReplyDelete