Thursday 8 October 2015

OUGD603 & OUGD602 Extended Practice Reflection First CommercialChalkboard

I have recently done my first real life application chalkboard. There are a few things I have taken away from this. The major one is that I would like to do more of these. They are quite grueling, especiall when they are this size, but to step away at the end and know I did that with my hands and my mind and nothing else, is a wonderful feeling that I want to keep having.

There are also some tips that I want to employ next time I do one of these:
- Take breaks.
I did seven hours solid work on this including the clean down and by the end my hands were shaking with exhaustion. I need to learn that pausing for a sip of coffee is not a break.
-Do exercises both for your back and hands.
Again, this is just a tiering process, you really can't sit in the same awkward attitude for too long without it having a negative affect.
-Stay flexable.
No matter how carefully you plan the board it will always slightly fluctuate due to something unforseen, don't worry bout these changes too much, they make the board what it is.

I am going on to approach more independent cafes about chlkboards and this time I am going to be brave and ask for payment!

No comments:

Post a Comment