Thursday 1 October 2015

OUGD602 PPP Evaluating Last Self Branding

My previous years personal branding has soon started to loose its charm. I really feel that it no longer represents me as a designer. The biggest warning came when I was putting together my Dalton Maag application and having this logo at the top of a load I samples of my work. It just didn't fit.

There are lots of reasons, upon revisiting this work, that it doe t represent me:

-Digital format (I am not a digital designer, I may dabble but it is not what I want to focus on)
-Lack of colour (I use and enjoy using colour in my work, and not a minimal black and white designer)
-Over ornamented (a little ornamentation is good but I feel this has too much and has become fussy and busy)

What I need to consider for my new self branding:
- Keep the name (despite the visuals of my last brand I do think the name represents me, there is a pun and it has the right, slightly self depreciating tone)
- Hand made feel (to reflect my hand made work)
- Possibilities for application (physical applications that are different and eye catching)

I guess the next step is to start drawing and isolate the tone of voice that I want to create with this identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment