Tuesday 25 November 2014

OUGD502 PPP Leeds Arts Party Flyer Work and The Showcase Spectacular in the Corn Exchange

This is the first real life responsive brief. I produced a A6 flyer for the stand the Leeds Arts Party had at the showcase spectacular at the corn exchange last weekend.
I came up with the tag line; create, celebrate, educate and worked it into the design. If you want to see the full development behind this design follow the link.

I helped out on both days of the showcase and on the saturday they asked me to produce some chalk board type with some questions to stimulate thought and conversation. they gave me the questions and let me do what I wanted with the layout. 

This is the first time I have ever really down chalk board type on a chalk bird but I am amazed by how much I enjoyed it. I would really like to cultivate this skill in the future so that it is something I can add to my repertoire. 

I had a lot of fun doing this and meeting all of the artists that had stalls at the showcase. I got talking for a long while with a lot of them and regularly got asked if I had a business card. This just goes to show that I really need to get on top of this self branding work because it really will come in handy. People were very good natured about me writing down my details when I explained that I was currently working on my business card designs, invariably starting off another conversation about the impermanence of self branding, but none the less this was a very positive experience for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment