Sunday 6 April 2014

UGD402 PPP Brief 02 Rationale and Development of Idea

In the previous post I outlined the idea of 'The Loquacious Student' and the info pack being in the form of 'Tea for Two' To chat over. To make this really work I have gone through each of the questions I answered in the background considerations and how they will fit into the tea set Idea.

-who are you?
The loquacious student, Elisabeth Taylor
This brand could be on the back of each aspect of the tea set and where ever possible.
-what have you learned?
The major thing I have learned this year is that the balance of concept and aesthetic in design is hard to achieve and something that I constantly keep an eye on. This could be put on the tag of a tea bag with 'infuse with concept and aesthetic'.
-What skills do you have?
 I had two idea surrounding this. The first was how I have learned to critique mine and others work but I found this difficult to fit into the tea set idea. I them realised that another thing that I have had to learn is how to organise my time. So,  I think I want to make a little booklet that is a joke on the way that a graphic designers life is really a never ending list. Something that folds out and out to show that one item on one list leads to more on another.
-what do you know?
The thing that I really know now is my design process and how I work as a graphic designer. The major aspect of this (and that fits into my branding) is my need to talk about my ideas, get them out and get peoples opinions. This brought me to the idea of packaging a flapjack with the words 'Chew over with other people'.
-what do you believe?
the major thing that I have come to believe during this year is that graphic design is a powerful tool and it needs to be respected and used well. I thought I would translate this to some cup holder runs and print them with the words 'respect the craft, handle with care.'

In short, I want to create a tea set watch outlines my central beliefs and style as a graphic designer, as if to a professional who might employ me.

This will include:
-Coaster 'Take the heat'
-Tea bags with tags 'infuse with concept and aesthetic'
-Never ending list 'accept the lifestyle, live the list'
-Packaged flapjack 'Chew over ideas with people'
-Heat sleeves 'Respect the craft, handle with care'

The word based nature of this branding fits with what I am saying about myself...That I am good with words.

This will also be packaged in a box as if I were going to send it off to prospective employers. I am uncertain about a name as of yet but am thinking about either, 
'Tea for Two to Talk'
or
'Tea for Two, Make the Perfect Creative Brew'

They both fit but I like the way that the second outline the fact that all of the aspects come together to make me as a designer.


No comments:

Post a Comment