Sunday 6 April 2014

OUGD402 PPP Brief 02 Logo Designs


Something that has interested and inspires me for a while now is hand rendered lettering and specifically chalk art, as can be seen below.






Carolina Ro chalk designer - photography by MAROfoto #chalk #chalkboard #chalkdesign #chalkdrawing #chalkart #artist

Chalkboard backdrop
I have drawn on these kinds of designs for my logo because not only do I love them but the idea of chalk boards is synonymous with that of learning and growing, which is something that I am doing a lot of at the moment.
So, I started with one of my favourite fonts, Georgia and switched to the italic bold version because I wanted something satisfyingly flowing to reflect the flow and meaning of the word which is directly 'liquid speech.' I then joined up the letters ensuring this was done all at the same angle.

I used whit on green because I wanted to maintain the idea of chalk even if I am using a digital format and the green is because I am from a very rural place and a lot of my designs relate to my love of plants and botany.


I didn't like the way the placement of 'the' made the stem of the 'u' look like an 'i'.



It started to look a little too much like a surfing brand.






I went through a number of different iterations of the design but finally, for the moment, settled on this. I am of course aware of the difficulties of digitally printing green and perhaps will combat this by screen printing everything, this way I can have complete control over the colour outcome.

I will use this font and aesthetic to shape the writing on all parts of my information pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment