Tuesday 2 December 2014

OUGD502 PPP Visiting Professional The Print Project Ideas For Self Branding

 Today we had a workshop from Nick from the Print Project. We learned how to design and work with setting wood type.

We worked with proof presses to do simple prints of our designs.

We had quite a few sizes and style of type to choose from.


The furniture used to hold all the letters in place was quite difficult to get used to but had the feeling of a real craft to it. I can see that this kind of job would be one that required patients and an endless eye for detail. I really loved it though. This is possibly I want to look more into.


I know from my COP project last year that there are ways to letter press our own digital designs. This is something of particular relevance to hand drawn type. I talked to Nick about wether or not this would be possible at the print project and he talked me through the etching process they use to create images and ow this could be used with hand drawn type. I think I will look further into this and possibly think about getting in touch with him about giving this a try.
I had a few goes at trying t piece together my self branding but in no situation did it feel like this was the right format for it. It has a softness to it but it feels a touch industrial for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment