Friday 21 March 2014

OUGD402 Brief 01 The Layout Conundrum

I have been attempting to break the enigma of grids during my design principles brief 02 work, in which we have been set the task of creating a set of layout with publication a fore thought. To do this I have attempted to create my own grid on which to set the content. I have struggled continuously through this brief, the subtleties of layout completely hidden from me. Yet as I have repeated and repeated processes and, to be honest, continuously failed, I have been noticing increments of improvement and slowly but surely the discipline of the application of grids is opening up to me. More than anything this is the most satisfying type of learning and the reason I enjoy Graphic Design so much. it is a labour of love and something I personally have to work very hard to improve in but when that improvement is made it is all the more satisfying. Although I know my final layouts will not be of a professional level, they will be good for me... what more can you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment