Tuesday 15 October 2013

Introduction to Personal and Professional Practice

As far as I understand  this blog is devoted to documenting personal interests within the world of design or that have influenced my design, demonstrate and improve critical and reflective approaches along with my practical and creative investigation and all siphoned through my communication skills. 

This blog is also for self evaluation to create an awareness of my design and thought process and therefore improve it. 
In our introductory lecture for this module we also discussed how we will be exploring the assumptions concerning our personal learning through the medium of tasks and research set during the module. 

This seminar really got me thinking about the way I work and how psychologically bogged down in a project I can get, to the extent where I am so close to my work I can no longer see anything positive about it. However, this is because I can so much about the out come of the work and that I have done my utmost to produce the best work I can. So, how can I pull back from my work to view and evaluate it but still care about it and be involved with it enough to enjoy it. This balance of involvement in a project and ability to evaluate it properly, not just at the end but during its gestation, is difficult to maintain. Now that I am aware of it at least I can start to address this problem with my design process, possibly through more self initiated crits. 

We were also asked to look into contacting someone we admire. The problem I have just mentioned could be the beginnings of a question for that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment